|Back to Counseling Ministry|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the mission of the Times Square Church Counseling Ministry?
- Our mission is to provide Christ-centered, biblically-based counseling, with prayer support for the counselees. Our counseling core values, excerpted from the complete Statement of Faith of Times Square Church are:
- We believe in the fall and sinfulness of man and that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the redeeming blood of Christ.
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential to personal salvation.
- Divine healing is available through the redemptive work of Christ on the cross.
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it. The Holy Spirit in a person’s life is evidenced by changes in his life, including a renewed love for God, and people, a commitment to the scriptures and holy living.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by who’s indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
- Christian growth can only be realized by faith in the promises of God.
- Marriage is God-ordained. “The creator made them male and female, and said, for this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh” (Matthew 19:4-5). Marriage is to be an exclusive relationship, a lifelong faithful union between a man and a woman. This relationship between a husband and wife should parallel the relationship between Christ and the Church (Ephesians 5:23-30).
- The promised rule and reign of God has its foundation in the person and work of Jesus Christ. This promise originates with God, the Father. It is made to, centered in, and fulfilled by Jesus. We receive this promise, and all of its present benefits, by faith in Him. It has its living impact within, and through us by the indwelling Holy Spirit. This fulfilled Old Covenant promise of God’s Kingdom is known as the New Covenant.
What counseling services are provided at Times Square Church?
How do I apply for counseling services at Times Square Church?
- An application can be submitted online by following this link.
- An application can also be picked up at the Information Table in the Main lobby of TSC. Completed applications should be dropped in the “Counseling Application Receiving Box” on the left side of the “Short-term Missions Payments/Donations” box, also in the main lobby.
Approximately how long does it take to receive a response to my application for counseling?
- Due to the size of our congregation and the high volume of requests we receive you should receive a response within 2–4 weeks.
How is pre-marital preparation conducted at Times Square Church?
- Applicants, if accepted, will be required to sign the Times Square Church Statement of Faith affirming their agreement with the Biblical definition of marriage as between one man and one woman as a life-long commitment.
- Pre-marital preparation is conducted in quarterly group classes for six (6) sessions. A private, one-to-one meeting with a counseling couple is held near the end of the class to discuss any personal matters a couple would prefer not to discuss in the group class.
- Currently, the quarterly class dates and times may be obtained by calling the church offices and speaking to the Counseling Ministry Administrative Assistant.
- We ask that pre-marital class participants allow themselves plenty of time to complete all of their preparation classes before setting a wedding date. We suggest allowing at least six (6) months for the preparation classes and wedding planning. Most times, we cannot accommodate wedding dates and planning made prior to attending the preparation class.
- After four (4) class sessions, biblical readiness to marry will be discussed. If the TSC Counseling Ministry recognizes serious reasons that your marriage should not proceed, we reserve the right to decline approval to marry at Times Square Church. We desire to be faithful stewards of the gospel, and our hope is that, should you marry, you will enter into a marriage which glorifies God.
- If the couple is approved to marry at Times Square Church, a wedding approval form may be submitted on the couple’s behalf to start the planning process with the TSC Wedding Coordinator.
- Upon receipt of this form it may be possible to reserve chapel space for a wedding. It is important to note that wedding dates are pre-set and scheduled for a limited number of Saturdays per year.