Direct Oversight: Creative Director
Key Relationships: Creative Film Lead, Production
Job Type: Fulltime
Salary Range: $50,000-55,000
This position involves creating a variety of video content for Times Square Church, with a primary focus on producing content for our services and social channels. You’ll be the go-to person for making 2-4 generosity stories every month and putting together recaps of special events. You’ll team up with the Creative Film Lead to shoot testimonies and film social media stuff one Sunday a month. Get ready to jump into big projects like Easter, Christmas, music videos, and missions stories. You’ll also handle requests for church and ministry videos throughout the year. On top of studio video work, you’ll help with lighting and setup. Plan on pitching in about three Sundays and two Tuesdays a month in Production or Creative for our services. We are always mindful of workload, but there will be occasional last-minute or after hours projects.
But this role isn’t just about creating awesome videos; it’s for someone who’s a strong follower of Jesus Christ, bringing a positive, fun, and enjoyable attitude to the team. You’ll be rolling up your sleeves, facing challenges with optimism, and embracing a hardworking spirit. Being teachable and open to regular feedback is key, and working as part of a team is vital.
Your judgment will come into play when deciding which creative ideas will work in the church setting. Setting objectives and goals, focusing on priorities, managing time efficiently, and effectively communicating are all part of the game. Sounds like you? Let’s make some incredible things together!
(Includes, but not limited to the following)
- Produce generosity videos (2-4/month)
- Film and edit recaps of special events
- Assist Creative Film Lead with all testimony shoots
- Assist with filming 1 Sunday a month for social media
- Assist with large original projects (Easter, Christmas, music videos, local missions)
- Related churches and ministry videos that get requested throughout the year
- Film all studio videos and assist filmmaker with lighting and setup
- Serve ~3 Sundays/month and 2 Tuesdays/month with Production or Creative
- Assist in managing and maintaining the purchase, rental, storage and handling of all film equipment.
- Establish timeline and milestones for all videos, allowing adequate margin for reviews, edits, and feedback prior to delivery.
- Be available during non-business hours as needed for last minute request from Creative Director and Senior Pastor.
- MAC or PC proficiency
- Excellent project management and personal organization skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve quickly
- High attention to detail.
- Great time management skills.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends for services, events, or film projects
- Strong camera and lighting skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and/or Davinci Resolve
- Motion Graphics experience a plus
- Strong understanding of current video and lighting trends and best practices.
- Experience managing multiple project timelines and details while successfully keeping multiple team members on schedule and meeting deadlines
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to drive projects to completion
- Strong follower of Jesus Christ
- Has a positive, fun, and enjoyable attitude
- Enjoys working hard and optimistic about challenges.
- Teachable and open to asking for feedback regularly.
- Focused on the development and discipleship of others.
- Creates a feeling of belonging on the team and fosters open dialogue.
- Responds to emails, slack messages, texts, and other lines of communication promptly.
- Effectively communicates process, progress, and results.
- Can facilitate effective brainstorming.
- Has a sense of managing the creative process.
- Develops new and unique ideas.
- Has good judgment about which creative ideas will work in the church setting.
- Sets objectives and goals.
- Concentrates efforts on the more important priorities and manages time well.
- Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks.
- Not fearful of acting with minimal planning.