We are looking for a full-time Assistant Controller to join our Finance team. Working closely with the CFO, you will assist the accounting team with general business transactions, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll functions. You will also support the team with accounting and project activities, preparing reports, budgets and reviewing contract requirements.
- Adherence to the Times Square Church Statement of Faith.
- Active participation in staff and departmental devotions, including but not limited to, worship, speaking, discussion, and prayer.
- Processing of payroll and related journal entries
- Manage the monthly closing process for the Church, journal entries, general ledger maintenance, preparation and review of account reconciliations/schedules and financial statements.
- Prepare and review monthly general ledger of revenue and expenses and reconcile monthly bank statements
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by properly recording, verifying, posting, and entering certain transactions in the accounting system
- Oversee cash receipts, A/P, A/R, payroll, credit card and donation processes. Ensure internal controls are in place, monitor and address any issues.
- Responsible for the effective utilization of the accounting systems to provide needed financial information and analyses.
- Fixed asset processing and reporting
- Process quarterly sales tax and reporting
- Assist the CFO
- Assist with year-end financial reporting.
- Assist with the budget preparation and variance analysis
- Maintain flexibility to assist with special projects and other duties as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required. CPA preferred
- Accounting background, including a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Minimum of 7+ years accounting experience, including at least 3+ years of managerial experience with strong leadership and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Abila MIP Not for Profit Software, Bill.com, Pushpay payment platform, Church Community Builder, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to think critically and innovatively and to act tactically.
- Process driven
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Must be able to effectively multi-task
- Self-motivated, detail and results oriented, focused and hard working
- Strong time management skills.
- Self-starter must have a positive attitude and strong desire for success
- Able to keep financial information confidential.
Schedule and Hours:
- Full-time (38hrs)
- Work hours Tuesday- Friday 9-6pm